Lewisville Personal Injury Lawyer
When accidents occur, you could be facing devastating physical and emotional trauma along with unexpected financial burdens. Depending on the type of accident, you may be out of work, dealing with repair bills for damaged personal property, and a variety of other economic and non-economic losses.
Through civil litigation, you may be able to hold another person liable to pay for all those damages if you can prove your accident was a direct result of that party’s negligence. This process could be made easier with the help of an experienced local attorney. If you want to effectively pursue compensation from a negligent party, do not hesitate in reaching out to a Lewisville personal injury lawyer.
When Could an Injury Justify a Lawsuit?
Negligence is the central component of every civil claim, and for good reason. It is the legal principle that allows someone to be held financially liable for someone else’s injuries even if they did not mean to cause harm. That means even if a defendant’s actions were not intentional, they could still bear civil liability for violating a duty of reasonable care and, in doing so, causing an accident that results in another’s injuries.
Various circumstances could give rise to a civil lawsuit based on negligence. While automobile accidents are the most common source of personal injuries, attorneys in Lewisville also handle claims that arise from:
- Unreasonably dangerous conditions on public or private property
- Dangerous or defective consumer products
- Slipping, tripping, and/or falling accidents
- Maltreatment by a medical professional
- Domesticated animal attacks
- Accidents involving motorized boats and other watercraft
Compensable Damages in Lewisville Civil Claims
If a civil claimant is able to prove another party liable for causing their injuries, they then have the right to seek recovery for the full value of those injuries and associated losses. Recoverable losses are not always objective. While some damages, like medical expenses, are easily quantifiable, losses like physical pain and suffering must be defined on a case-by-case basis.
Depending on the unique circumstances of a particular accident, a personal injury lawyer in Lewisville could help a claimant pursue restitution for any or all of the following damages:
- Bills for emergency medical care immediately after an accident, as well as for long-term rehabilitative and outpatient services
- Loss of wages due to time missed at work while recovering from an accident
- Costs of repairing or replacing damaged property
- Loss of future capacity to earn income due to long-term or permanent injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Physical pain and/or emotional anguish
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
Schedule a Consultation with a Lewisville Personal Injury Attorney
Unfortunately, even if it appears obvious who is responsible for an accident, successfully recovering compensation is often complicated and challenging endeavor. There are several legal requirements that must be met for someone receive financial recovery.
Retaining a skilled Lewisville personal injury lawyer could help you effectively seek the compensation you deserve. To schedule a consultation and discuss what may be possible in your case, call today.