Do I Need a Dallas North Tollway Injury Attorney After an Accident?
It’s normal to be shocked after a car accident, whether or not you are injured. Dealing with officers and potentially paramedics is a stressful experience. During these times it might not occur to you that a Dallas North Tollway injury attorney should be consulted. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Keep reading to learn more about the importance of an attorney when it comes to injuries and car accidents. And when you need representation from an experienced auto accident injury attorney, call McCraw Law Group.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can vary greatly depending on the forces involved in the wreck and preexisting condition of all people in the wreck. While a collision with a large vehicle at a high speed can result in very serious injuries or even fatalities, even a relatively small wreck can result in serious injuries to the back, neck or brain. The following injuries are common with car accidents:
- Broken, bruised or fractured bones. Collisions between vehicles can easily break, bruise or fracture bones. Airbags can even cause bone injuries.
- Bruised, burns and cuts. Airbags, seatbelts, and shattered glass can cause serious bruises, burns and lesions.
- Whiplash, Disc injuries, ligament and tendon injuries and other neck/back injuries. The force of an impact can cause a sudden jerk of the neck causing what is popularly known as whiplash. Medically speaking, these injuries compress and then rapidly stretch and tear the ligaments, tendons and other connective tissues in the neck or back, causing damage that can cause pain and limit mobility for years. In the aftermath of such injuries, occasionally the discs between the vertebra are damaged as well causing nerves in the area of the damage to be irritated or worse.
- Concussion and other brain injuries. The same force of impact that causes the whiplash type of injuries can literally smash the brain against the inside of the skull whether the persons head directly hit anything or not. Feeling woozy, having a change in mentation or a loss of consciousness are all signs of a potential brain injury.
This is not a conclusive list of all serious injuries from a car accident, but these are common injuries that can incur serious medical bills and cause potential problems down the road. Sometimes a full recovery is made, but other times injuries are permanent. Taking a chance of a full recovery without compensation from the responsible party can leave you with hefty expenses and debt.
The Importance of an Attorney
When you are seriously injured in a vehicle collision or car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost earnings and damages beyond what your insurance provider is willing to offer. Especially if you are unable to work due to the wreck, any form of monetary reimbursement and aid can be vital to your financial security. Never underestimate the value of an experienced car accident attorney when you have been injured in an accident.
The following is a list of possible compensation that can be awarded with the help of a lawyer:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Physical impairment
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Disability or dismemberment
- Costs of rehabilitation and future care
- Wrongful death
When injured, your number one focus and priority should be on recovery, not on expenses. Getting help from an attorney removes the burden from you to receive compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, suffering and more.
Get Help From A Dallas North Tollway Injury Attorney
The skilled and compassionate personal injury attorneys at McCraw Law Group provide knowledgeable representation for all of their clients. Whether you or a loved one has been seriously injured on the Dallas North Tollway or another roadway, help is here for you. Call 972-854-7900 or fill out our contact form online to schedule your free consultation.