Charlie Ginn grew up in a family of attorneys in Sulphur Springs, Texas in the North East Texas Region. Coming from a family of lawyers, Charlie has seen the way a lawyer can profoundly affect the life of his client for the better and to betterment the entire community.
A Life Purpose
Charlie’s heroes have always been cowboys but he wanted to become a trial lawyer. A trial lawyer is a hope to those without hope. A trial lawyer stands between the powerful and are a champion of the powerless. The trial lawyer, working with a jury, is the real equalizer between the powerful and powerless. Charlie finds it rewarding to stand up and fight for those who’ve been left out or treated unfairly. There’s nothing he enjoys more than finding solutions for his clients who desperately need his help. He has devoted his education and career to becoming the very best advocate for his clients.
Charlie graduated from Baylor University majoring in History before attending Baylor Law School in Waco, Texas. While in Law School Charlie participated on three National Mock Trial Teams, was a member of the Order of the Barristers, and an officer in the legal fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta.
After graduating from Baylor Law, Charlie moved to Collin County to begin working and developing his trial skills as an assistant district attorney in Collin County. It was a natural progression from helping to protect people from crime to help protect the injured from insurance and corporate interest who would love nothing more than to escape accountability when they harm others in McKinney, Collin County, and throughout the North Texas region.
In his personal life Charlie enjoys spending time with his wife, Catherine, and their dog, Maggie Mae. Charlie and Catherine are zealous supporters of Baylor Athletics. Charlie also enjoys golfing and playing fantasy football. If Charlie spent half as much time on the golf course as he did thinking about golf he (probably) would not have such an embarrassing handicap.
A favorite scripture of Charlie’s is; “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17 Charlie understands that this time for clients is usually challenging and difficult. His belief in strong relationships doesn’t stop at the conclusion of a phone call or meeting. He takes his promises seriously and will fight for his clients.
Charlie’s passion is building relationships. Every relationship is built on trust and open communication. Charlie takes this approach with each of his clients. He believes that communication is a two-way street. Charlie knows how important it is for each of his clients to understand what the next step of the process is and how to reach the final goal. As an Eagle Scout, Charlie believes deeply in the value of service. He loves helping people when they need support the most.
- Baylor University B.A. History 2011
- Baylor University School of Law J.D. 2013
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Making it Rain: Ethically Running a Successful Law Practice – State Bar of Texas – 2019
- Personal Injury Supreme Court Update – State Bar of Texas; Solo, Small Firm CLE – 2019
- 2019 Reich Chandler Outstanding Advocate Award
- 2013 National Civil Trial Competition Mock Trial Team – Best Advocate
- 2012 American Association of Justice Mock Trial Team – Semi Finalist
- 2012 National Civil Trial Competition Mock Trial Team
- 2012 Dawson and Sodd Moot Court Competition – Semi-Finalist
- Order of the Barristers
- Beckworth, Hollingsworth, and Stephens Trial Advocacy Award
- Strasburger & Price L.L.P. Mock Trial Award
Membership and Affiliations
- Eagle Scout
- Creekwood United Methodist Church
- Legacy Humane Society
- Kappa Omega Tau, Phi Alpha Delta
- Licensed to practice in: United States District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, all State Courts in Texas.
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Texas- Board of Directors 2018-2021
- Executive Committee Member 2018-2020
- Discipline and Client Attorney Assistance Committee 2018-2020
- Jury Service Advisor 2019-2020
- Animal Law Advisor 2018-2020
- General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Advisor 2019-2020
- Immigration and Nationality Law Advisor 2018-2019
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Texas Trial Lawyers Board of Advocates 2018-2021