John L. (Lin) McCraw
Owner of McCraw Law Group
Lin feels blessed that he has the knowledge, ability and resources to help others who have suffered devastating losses through no fault of their own. Perhaps his own childhood — during which he powerlessly watched as he saw people being picked on and experienced bullying himself — sparked this passion to stand up for victims of wrongdoing and to advocate for them. Lin practices law to have an impact: to prevent the powerful from using their power unfairly and to help those most in need.
Lin’s word is his bond. He believes that integrity is the cornerstone of all relationships, and he lives this value when dealing with all the people touched by his practice, including clients, employees, and others he meets through the course of business.
A Drive to Succeed
Lin has been a trial lawyer for over 20 years. He has high tech training and strong negotiating skills, which have resulted in extremely favorable outcomes for his clients. His primary practice areas include catastrophic personal injuries, brain and spinal cord injuries, birth injuries, trucking and commercial carrier injuries, civil prosecution of fraud and other areas of wrongful conduct.
When it comes to reaching his and his clients’ goals, Lin is also absolutely driven to succeed and cannot accept personal failure. When facing opponents in the courtroom, he knows how to relate to these individuals in a way that places him and his clients at the advantage. Lin is a proponent of strategic thinking. He believes the average person severely underutilizes tactical thoughts and behaviors. According to Lin, more intentional living inevitably leads to greater effectiveness and fulfillment.
Lin operates by the code “Love the Lord with all of your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.” His Christian faith informs his strong sense of honesty and integrity. He takes his promises seriously and works tirelessly on behalf of his clients. He stakes his professional credibility on whether or not his actions line up with his guarantees, meaning personal and clients alike can be sure he will stand on their behalf for as long as it takes.Free Case Consultation
Connecting with Clients
Among Lin’s favorite clients are those most in need of a strong advocate. Widows, children, and undocumented workers possess little power in the eyes of society or the law, but they often carry significant grievances against those who have harmed or taken advantage of them. He seeks to understand his clients’ lives and see things through their eyes. This connection creates credibility; he makes his clients jump out of a cold case file and live and breathe in front of fact finders — juries, judges, adjusters — so they can experience the real human loses presented.
To Lin, each client is more than a case to argue; he or she has a story to tell. He seeks to bring that story to life in the courtroom.
- Texas Christian University B.B.A., Accounting, 1989 – cum laude
- Baylor University J.D., 1991 Phi Delta Phi
- Texas Super Lawyer, Plaintiff’s General Personal Injury – 2010-2016
- Top Texas Verdicts, Verdict Search – 2010
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Membership Excellence – 2008-2009
Memberships & Affiliations
- Eagle Scout; Philmont Scout Ranch – Ranger, Summer 1988
- Deacon, Melissa Baptist Church
- President, Third Year Law School Class, 1991
- Assistant coach of numerous teams and sports, youth Sunday school teacher, and volunteer for school and PTO activities
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law
- Licensed to practice in: United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the 5th circuit, United States District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, United States Immigration Court, all State Courts in Texas.
- Graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers college, and various Regional and graduate seminars within the college.
- Member of the State Bar of Texas; Sustaining Member and Director of Texas Trial Lawyers Association; American Association for Justice, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association; Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association; Collin County Bar Association.
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – President Elect, 2016; VP-Legislative Affairs, 2015 – Present; VP of Political Affairs, 2011 – 2014; VP of membership, 2008 – 2008; Executive Committee Member, 2008 – 2015; Board of Directors Member, 2006 – Present
- American Association for Justice member, 1997 – Present
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Car Wrecks Seminar – Live Voir Dire, 2011
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Crash Course Car Wrecks Seminar Houston – Live Voir Dire, 2011
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Continuing Legal Education delivered to Permian Basin Trial Lawyers Association – Understanding and Complying with Changes in Barratry Enforcement, 2011
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Advanced PI Seminar – Strategic use of the Court’s Charge as a Weapon, 2010
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Advanced PI seminar – Strategic use of the Court’s Charge as a Weapon, 2009