Parker Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
No matter how skilled the biker, riding a motorcycle can be dangerous. When a motorcycle and a car collide, the biker is far more likely to suffer injuries than a passenger in the motor vehicle. Even low-speed collisions can have severe consequences for a motorcyclist.
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident due to another person’s negligence, you may have the right to seek money damages for your injuries. A Parker motorcycle accident lawyer could review your case and explain your legal options. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys are here to help you during this overwhelming and difficult time.
Who May Be At Fault in a Motorcycle Crash Claim?
State negligence law holds each party liable for their degree of fault in causing an accident. As such, Civil Practice and Remedies Code §33.001 denies damages to a claimant who is more than 50 percent responsible for a wreck. However, if an injured party is 50 percent or less at fault, the law permits them to pursue partial damages against other responsible parties. In a motorcycle wreck, potential liable parties may include:
- Drivers of the other vehicles
- The motorcycle manufacturer
- The manufacturer of the safety equipment
- The government entity responsible for maintaining the road
A local injury attorney could look into the circumstances of a motorcycle accident and identify potentially liable parties.
Recovering Compensation in Parker
Damages after a motorcycle wreck can cover a wide range of expenses. Injured motorcyclists could collect compensation for:
- Costs of replacing or repairing any property lost or damaged in the accident such as the motorcycle, protective gear, clothing, and jewelry
- All past and future medical expenses, including copayments, higher insurance premiums, prescription drugs that are necessary because of the accident, and any medically necessary rehabilitation costs
- Reimbursement for wages, future earnings, opportunities to earn, and sick and vacation days that were lost because of the accident
- Costs of dealing with the emotional impact of the wreck
Injured motorcyclists also may be eligible to seek non-economic damages. These are losses that do not have a dollar value but pose a hardship on the injured person and their family. Some non-economic damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship, and losses relating to scarring or disfigurement. A seasoned injury lawyer in the community could help an injured person evaluate all their losses from a motorcycle accident to determine a fair settlement.
Get Advice and Support from a Parker Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Recovering from the physical and emotional trauma of a motorcycle wreck is an arduous process, but a compassionate lawyer could help you as you move forward. Many motorcyclists are not aware of how much compensation they may deserve following an accident. As a result, some may be tempted to accept low ball offers just to put the experience behind them.
One of our skilled injury attorneys could help you negotiate a fair settlement to get the compensation you need. Contact our firm today to learn what a Parker motorcycle accident lawyer could do for your case.